Saturday, November 5, 2016

The Argument For America

     A man I once thought couldn’t possibly appear presidential has rung all the bells at exactly the right time:

     It seems to me that the “ideal candidate” is more often than not oneself: i.e., the voter trying to make up his mind among the actual candidates. He wants a candidate who agrees with him on everything, political or not. That, of course, is a fantasy. Nevertheless, that seems to be what the majority of voters seek...and of course, no two of them agree on everything.

     The practical choices are Trump and Clinton. Trump might disappoint us; God knows we’ve been disappointed often enough by politicians. But the alternative is the most corrupt, least responsible, most power-hungry and least restrainable candidate ever to contend for the White House.

     On Tuesday, November 8, vote for Donald J. Trump for president. For America. Please.

4 comments:

Amy Bowersox said...

I'll add one thing to your message.

I'm a trans woman and I cast my vote for Trump. Many of my sisters and brothers will call me names for having done so. Some of those names may be uncouth, nasty, or even obscene.

I accept that.

Because I realize something that they may not understand: If this nation goes down, we all go down with it. Black or white, man or woman, gay or straight, trans or cis, it doesn't matter. We will ALL suffer.

This is an emergency, and now is not the time to ask "What's in it for me?", it's the time to ask, "What's in it for all of us?"

Will Trump forestall the disaster? I really don't know. But I do know that Hillary Clinton will not only NOT forestall it, she will accelerate it into oblivion.

"On your feet, you ward heelers, you courthouse loafers. Can you not see that Rome is burning?"

Francis W. Porretto said...

Indeed, Amy. And thank you for that quote from The Puppet Masters. It's particularly apposite today.

Unknown said...

Well, spoke Amy... your perception is keen. So many of our right and righteous are totally oblivious to the inclusiveness of our struggle to save our capsizing country.

Anonymous said...

If Trump wins he may disappoint. Hillary will not. She will continue her crime spree unabated.