Thursday, October 8, 2015

Quickies: What’s The Matter At Instapundit?

     Has anyone else had problems viewing The Blogfather’s site?

     Lately, when I visit Instapundit, my computer’s CPU utilization jumps 20% to 30%, and remains that much higher than previously until I surf away. Moreover, the behavior of hyperlinks on the page is highly erratic: they oscillate between effective and ineffective at a rate I can’t determine. This is browser-independent, as I’ve experienced it with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, and Foxfire.

     Instapundit refreshes periodically – there seems to be an active server page behind it – but if that’s the reason for this behavior, I hope someone will check the server-side code for pathologies. The site is an important aggregator for all manner of news. I’ve used many articles linked there as seed material for my own tirades. I’d hate to have to omit it from my morning and afternoon roundups.

3 comments:

CGHill said...

Usually under these circumstances, I suspect that some third-party service isn't serving in a timely manner.

Col. B. Bunny said...

I installed an add-on in Firefox that stopped Drudge's maddening refresh. I just looked and I can't tell which add-on is the one I installed. You can search for "block browser auto refresh" and see what you can find.

Joseph said...

I've noticed the same thing. It's not just one computer.